Studies as a civil servant; information on the Department of General Internal Administration (specialisation in administrative informatics)
The degree programme in Administrative Informatics combines a modern university of applied sciences degree with a crisis-proof employment in the public sector. The course is offered at the University of Public Service, Department of General Internal Administration, in cooperation with the Hof University of Applied Sciences. Internships take place in the computer centres of the administration.
The course of study leading to the degree of "Diplom-Verwaltungsinformatiker (FH)" takes into account the public administration's need for junior staff in the field of ICT techniques and is intended to secure it in the long term.
The administration-specific studies take place at the Department of General Internal Administration of the University of Applied Sciences for Public Service in Hof. The computer science training, which is the main focus of the studies, is carried out in cooperation with the Hof University of Applied Sciences. A practical training at the computer centres of the administration completes the education.
This form of training provides an ideal combination: Well-founded knowledge in information technology and administrative science as well as an overview of the professional requirements of the administration. The close interlocking of practice and theory optimally prepares the students for their later professional employment in a training period of only three years.
Approximately 60 students are recruited each year at the beginning of September. Further information on the content and procedure of the course, the hiring authorities and the application process can be found on the Internet (see "Further links").
- Unrestricted entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, subject-related entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, general entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences or an educational level recognised as equivalent by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs, Science and the Arts (e.g. master craftsman's examination and equivalent further vocational training examinations).
- German nationality or the nationality of another member state of the European Union or the nationality of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland (in the case of certain authorities, German nationality is a compulsory requirement for appointment to a civil service position; information on this can be obtained from the relevant appointing authority).
- Age limit: not yet reached the age of 45 at the time of recruitment
- an average grade of at least 3.0 in the subjects German, mathematics and English.
The study course first requires the establishment of a civil service relationship with a Bavarian employer. This employer then assigns the civil servant to the university for study.
Interested students must therefore apply to one of the employers listed on the website www.verwaltungsinformatiker.de under "Application". It is permissible to apply to more than one of the authorities listed there. The employer will then inform you about the further progress of the application procedure and register the interested candidates for the recruitment test at the Bavarian State Office for Digitisation, Broadband and Surveying. Please note the application deadlines listed on the website.
Please note the dates for the recruitment tests (see "Further links").
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Hochschule für den öffentlichen Dienst in Bayern - Zentralverwaltung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited