extract from the commercial register; application for comparable proof by EU citizens

Some administrative procedures require the provision of an extract from the central business register. EU foreigners may be required to provide comparable proof from their home country.


In order to exercise a trade requiring a permit or supervision, EU foreigners may be obliged to provide proof comparable to the German extract from the central trade register. If you are resident abroad, you will need a document from your home country proving that you have the personal reliability to carry out the desired trade (e.g. an official extract from the trade register or an equivalent document). This proof must be applied for at the competent authority in your home country.

If, as an EU foreigner, you require a German extract from the central trade register in order to carry on a trade requiring a permit or supervision, you can apply for this from the local authority responsible for you. Further information can be found under "Related topics" - " Gewerbezentralregisterauszug; Beantragung ".

Status: 06.10.2021

Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.