Traveling trade; application for a permit

If you want to sell or buy goods, offer services or act as a showman commercially outside a commercial establishment without a prior order, you usually need a permit (travel trade card).


In contrast to a commercial activity in an established trade, the exercise of a travel trade does not require a trade notification, but an official permit (travel trade card).

A traveling trade is exercised by anyone who offers, sells, distributes or purchases goods or offers services outside a commercial establishment without a prior order. This includes, in particular, visiting homes or businesses (door-to-door sales) without prior order or offering goods and services on the street or in squares, e.g. from non-fixed sales stands.

Furthermore, anyone who carries out entertainment activities as a showman or in the manner of a showman (businesses typical of folk festivals) is engaged in a traveling trade.


Reliability (guarantee of proper conduct of business)


Duration of the procedure approx. 2 - 4 weeks

Required documents


    • Travel trade card: 25 to 400 EURO according to the cost schedule to the cost law (5.III.5/23)
    • Certificate of good conduct and extract from the Central Trade Register: 13 EURO each according to the Judicial Administration Cost Schedule


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.