Itinerant trade; application for a permit
If you sell, distribute or purchase goods or offer services commercially outside a commercial establishment without a prior order, you generally need a permit (travel trade permit). You also need a travel trade permit if you carry out entertainment activities as a showman or in the manner of a showman.
In contrast to a commercial activity in an established trade, the exercise of a travelling trade does not require a trade notification but an official permit (travelling trade permit).
A travelling trade is exercised by anyone who offers, sells, distributes or purchases goods or offers services outside a commercial establishment without a prior order. This includes, in particular, visiting homes or shops (doorstep selling) without prior order or offering goods and services on the street or in squares, e.g. from non-fixed sales stands.
A travelling trade is also exercised by anyone who carries out entertainment activities as a showman or in the manner of a showman (typical fairground business).
Reliability (guarantee of proper conduct of business)
Duration of the procedure approx. 2 - 4 weeks
- Travel trade card: 25 to 400 EURO according to the cost schedule to the cost law (5.III.5/23)
- Certificate of good conduct and extract from the Central Trade Register: 13 EURO each in accordance with the Code of Costs for the Judiciary (Justizverwaltungskostenordnung).
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited