Traveling trade; application for a permit
If you want to sell or buy goods, offer services or act as a showman commercially outside a commercial establishment without a prior order, you usually need a permit (travel trade card).
In contrast to a commercial activity in an established trade, the exercise of a travel trade does not require a trade notification, but an official permit (travel trade card).
A traveling trade is exercised by anyone who offers, sells, distributes or purchases goods or provides services outside a commercial establishment without a prior order. This includes, in particular, visiting homes or businesses (door-to-door sales) without prior order or offering goods and services on the street or in squares, e.g. from non-fixed sales stands.
A traveling trade is also carried out by anyone who carries out entertainment activities as a showman or in the manner of a showman (typical fairground business).
Reliability (guarantee of proper conduct of business)
Duration of the procedure approx. 2 - 4 weeks
- Travel trade card: 25 to 400 EURO according to the cost schedule to the cost law (5.III.5/23)
- Certificate of good conduct and extract from the Central Trade Register: 13 EURO each according to the Judicial Administration Cost Schedule
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited