Studies in the civil service; application for the selection procedure for a study place
The selection process of the Bavarian State Personnel Committee is the key to study places at the Bavarian Civil Service University.
Studying as a civil servant in the public sector is a good alternative for many students. In addition to the earnings potential of over 1,350 euros gross per month during the 3-year course of study, the crisis-proof and varied job afterwards is also an incentive to take this career path. Every year in the fall, the police, tax offices, governments, cities, counties, courts, libraries, pension insurance institutions and many other authorities offer study positions at the third qualification level (formerly higher service) in the non-technical area of the civil service career.
The stepping stone to all these positions is the central selection procedure of the Bavarian State Personnel Committee. In a written examination, German language skills, general knowledge and logical, structural and analytical thinking skills are put to the test. In addition, school grades from the subjects German, mathematics and a foreign language are included.
The result one achieves in the selection process determines whether one is invited to an interview with the authorities.
Admission to the selection procedure for places at the University of Public Service in Bavaria (HföD) is granted to those who are
- is a German citizen within the meaning of Article 116 of the German Basic Law (Grundgesetz) or holds the citizenship of another member state of the European Union or of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland on the date of recruitment or is expected to acquire one of the aforementioned citizenships by the date of recruitment at the latest,
- has already acquired, or expects to acquire by the recruitment date at the latest, the unrestricted advanced technical college entrance qualification or university entrance qualification recognized in Bavaria, or a level of education recognized as equivalent, or general university entrance qualification through successful further vocational or continuing education examinations (master craftsman's examination or equivalent further vocational education examinations, graduates of technical colleges and technical academies) in conjunction with a counseling interview at the HföD (counseling interview at the HföD usually only after an offer of employment, therefore not yet required for participation in the selection procedure) or at another Bavarian university, and
- will not yet be 45 years old at the beginning of the studies.
Registration for the selection process for study places is expected to be open from approximately April to June/early July each year. The examination is usually held in early/mid-October.
The examination already takes place approximately one year before the start of studies.
The current dates can be found on the website of the Bavarian State Personnel Committee (see "Further links").
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerischer Landespersonalausschuss
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited