Training position as a civil servant in public administration; registration for the selection procedure
The selection process is the key to training positions as a civil servant in public administration, the judiciary and the general law enforcement service. Only those who have successfully participated can secure one of the coveted training positions.
Every year, mainly in the fall, the Bavarian authorities offer training positions for entry into the second qualification level (formerly intermediate service) in the non-technical area of the civil service career path. In addition to the earnings potential during the 2-year training (over 1,300 euros gross per month), the crisis-proof and varied job afterwards is also an incentive to take this career path. There are training opportunities, for example, in the General Internal Administration, the Tax and State Finance Administration, the Administration of Justice and the Prisons, in the Social Administration as well as in the Public Archives and the Scientific and Public Libraries.
There is a central selection procedure for the allocation of training places, which is carried out by the Bavarian State Personnel Committee once a year in July, the year before the training starts. The result of the selection procedure determines whether one is invited to an interview with the hiring authorities.
The selection procedure is a written examination that tests skills in the German language, general knowledge and logical and deductive reasoning ability. In addition, school grades from the subjects German and mathematics or accounting are included.
The following persons are generally admitted to the selection procedure
- is a German citizen within the meaning of Article 116 of the German Basic Law or has the citizenship of another member state of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland on the date of recruitment,
- has obtained a qualifying secondary school leaving certificate or intermediate school leaving certificate or an educational level recognized as equivalent, or expects to obtain such a certificate by the date of recruitment at the latest, and
- will not yet be 45 years of age at the start of training
(different age limit for the General Correctional Service in correctional facilities: at least 18 years of age and not yet 35 years of age).
Registration for the selection process is expected to be open from approximately February to early May each year. The examination is usually held in early/mid-July.
The selection procedure always takes place in the year prior to the start of training.
You can find out the current dates on the website of the Bavarian State Personnel Committee (see "Further links").
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerischer Landespersonalausschuss
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited