Well drilling; display
If you want to drill a well, you must indicate this.
Work that penetrates so deeply into the ground that it may directly or indirectly affect the movement, elevation, or character of groundwater shall be reported to the appropriate authority. Among other things, the construction of a well must be reported.
If a well drilling company is commissioned with the sinking of the well, this company is obliged to give notification.
If a well is sunk without prior notification, this constitutes an administrative offense with a fine of up to 5,000 euros. Furthermore, in such cases it may also be necessary under certain circumstances to dismantle the well again in a professional manner.
You intend to drill a well from which you want to extract water.
You must submit the notification to the competent lower water authority (district office or independent city).
Within the scope of the notification, the responsible authority will check, in particular with the participation of the water management office, whether or, if so, under which restrictions the installation of the well at the intended location is possible. Furthermore, it will be decided within the scope of this examination whether a permit procedure under water law must be carried out in addition to the notification. The result of this examination will be communicated in writing by the District Office. If the District Office does not prohibit the construction of the well within one month of receipt of the complete notification, the well can be constructed in the form notified.
The drilling company must submit the drilling documentation after completion of the drilling work without further request. These are from:
- Well development plan with strata list and drilling profile,
- Measurement of the top of the well to NN (Normal Zero)
- Site plan with the exact well location as well as
- Pumping test diagram (resting water level/sinking of the water level at full pump load) in duplicate.
The Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU) must be notified of all boreholes two weeks before work begins (see under "Related topics").
The notification must be made one month before the start of the work.
The following documents must be enclosed with the notification:
- General plan with marking of the project location
- Detailed location plan with entry of the project site
- Expected layer profile of the subsoil
- True-to-scale development plan according to DIN 4022 and Din 4023
- Notice from the water supplier about the exemption from the connection and use obligation
- If applicable, declaration of consent of the property owner
- If applicable, certification according to DVGW W 120 of the drilling company in case of first-time notification.
- If applicable, declaration of the drilling company commissioned
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited