Studies as a civil servant; information on the police department (specialist career in police and constitutional protection)
The study programme in the specialist career path of police and constitutional protection is characterised by the efficient combination of theoretical training (university studies) and practical training with the Bavarian police. The course of studies is offered at the University of Public Service in Bavaria, Police Department close to home at the study locations Fürstenfeldbruck and Sulzbach-Rosenberg. Internships take place at various police stations in Bavaria. Part of the internship can also be completed at offices outside of Bavaria.
The specialist career path in police and constitutional protection with the degree "Diplom-Verwaltungswirt/-in (FH)" takes into account the demand for junior staff of the Bavarian police and is intended to secure it in the long term.
The subject-specific studies take place at the Police Department of the Civil Service University in Fürstenfeldbruck and Sulzbach-Rosenberg.
Practical training at various police stations rounds off the training.
At the police department, training is provided for the specialist careers of police (protective and criminal police) and constitutional protection for the 3rd qualification level. Due to the possibility of transferring from the (uniformed) police to the criminal investigation service and vice versa at a later stage, the police department has the special feature that no separate specialisations (courses of study) have been set up.
The course of studies starts twice a year, on 01 March and on 1 October. The recruitment figures are based on the needs of the Bavarian Police. You can find more information about the contents and the course of studies, the hiring authorities as well as about the application on the internet (see "Further links").
- The unrestricted entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences, the subject-linked entrance qualification for higher education, the general entrance qualification for higher education or an educational level recognised as equivalent by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs, Science and the Arts (e.g. master craftsman's examination and equivalent further vocational training examinations) The unrestricted entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences, the subject-linked entrance qualification for higher education,
- German citizenship (exceptions only with the consent of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior and Integration). State Ministry of the Interior and Integration)
- Age between 17 and 25 (expected to be 30 as of the 2018 hiring year) years on the day of hiring
- Not in conflict with the law, orderly economic circumstances
- fitness for police service according to a police medical report
- successful participation in the recruitment examination
- at least 165 cm in height
- successful participation in the special selection procedure of the state personnel committee
The study program requires the establishment of a civil service relationship with a Bavarian employer. This employer then assigns the civil servant to the university for study.
The prerequisite for the establishment of a civil servant relationship is first of all the passing of a state-wide selection procedure in which all applicants of a year must participate.
Please note the dates for the selection procedure by the Bavarian State Personnel Committee (see "Further links").
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Hochschule für den öffentlichen Dienst in Bayern - Zentralverwaltung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited