Studies as a civil servant; information on the police department (specialized career in police and constitutional protection)
The study program in the specialized career path of police and constitutional protection is characterized by the efficient combination of theoretical training (university studies) and practical training with the Bavarian police.
The specialized police and constitutional protection career path leading to the degree of "Diplom-Verwaltungswirt/-in (FH)" takes account of the Bavarian police's need for junior staff and is intended to secure it in the long term.
The subject-specific studies take place at the Police Department of the Civil Service University in Fürstenfeldbruck and Sulzbach-Rosenberg.
Practical training at various police stations rounds off the training.
At the police department, training is provided for the specialized career paths of police (protective and criminal police) and constitutional protection for the 3rd qualification level. Because of the later possible transfer from the (uniformed) police to the criminal service and vice versa, the police department has the special feature that no separate specializations (courses of study) have been established.
The study program starts twice a year, on March 1 and October 1. The recruitment figures are based on the needs of the Bavarian police. Further information on the content and procedure of the course, the recruitment authorities and the application process can be found on the Internet (see "Further links").
- Unrestricted entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, subject-linked entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, general entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences or an educational level recognized as equivalent by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs, Science and the Arts (e.g. master craftsman's examination and equivalent further vocational training examinations) Unrestricted entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, subject-linked entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences,
- German citizenship (exceptions only with the approval of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior and Integration) State Ministry of the Interior and Integration)
- Age between 17 and 25 (expected to be 30 as of the 2018 hiring year) years on the day of hiring
- Not in conflict with the law, orderly economic circumstances
- fitness for police service according to police medical report
- successful participation in the recruitment examination
- at least 165 cm in height
- successful participation in the special selection procedure of the state personnel committee
The first requirement for the course of study is the establishment of a civil service relationship with a Bavarian employer. This employer then assigns the civil servant to the university for study.
The prerequisite for the establishment of the civil service relationship is first of all the passing of a state-wide selection procedure in which all applicants of a year must participate.
Please note the dates for the selection process by the Bavarian State Personnel Committee (see "Further links").
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Hochschule für den öffentlichen Dienst in Bayern - Zentralverwaltung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited