Occasional hawking of goods; application for a permit

If you wish to offer goods for immediate sale on a special occasion, such as a public festival, a trade fair or a market, you will need a permit from the relevant authority. A travel trade card is not required.


If you wish to offer goods for immediate sale due to the occasional organization of trade fairs, exhibitions, public festivals (e.g. folk festivals, jubilee festivals or church festivals) or for a special occasion (e.g. sporting events, state visits or large-scale demonstrations), you do not need a travel trade permit if you have a permit for this from the competent authority.

A permit that you must apply for from the competent authority is sufficient. If you already have a travel trade permit, no additional permit is required.

After applying for a permit, the competent authority decides whether to approve your application to sell the goods. The competent body issues the permit

  • for the scope of the sales activity
  • for a specific place and
  • for a limited period of time for a specific event.

The permit is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and authorizations that may have to be obtained from other authorities (for example, permits under road or traffic law in the form of special use permits).

In certain cases, you do not need a travel trade permit or any other permit under trade law to sell goods at the above-mentioned events. This applies to the following cases:

  • You sell home-grown products of agriculture and forestry, vegetable, fruit and horticulture, poultry farming and beekeeping, and hunting and fishing.
  • You sell goods in the municipality where you are registered with your residence or where you have registered your commercial establishment. However, this exemption only applies if the municipality does not have more than 10,000 inhabitants.
  • You sell milk and, if applicable, additional milk products (e.g. yoghurt, kefir, butter, cheese) and have a permit according to the Milk and Margarine Act.
  • They sell foodstuffs or other goods for daily use from a sales trolley or stall ("mobile store") and always do so at the same place outside fixed markets (for example weekly markets) at regular, shorter intervals.
  • They sell printed works on public paths, streets, squares or other public places. According to the Press Act, the term "printed matter" includes writings, recorded sound carriers (e.g. cassettes and other data carriers), pictorial representations with and without writing, image carriers (video cassettes and other data carriers) and musical materials (printed matter with sheet music) with text and explanatory notes. However, you need a permit to sell such products at the door.


  • You wish to offer goods (not services) at a specific event or occasion.
  • The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the travel trade (prohibited are, for example, precious metals, precious stones, alcohol - with certain exceptions).
  • You offer the goods at the event itself, or at least on the fringe of the event in question. There must therefore be a temporal and spatial connection to the event (for example, on the forecourt or access roads).


  • You can apply for the permit informally or via the provided form together with the required documents to the competent authority.
  • The decision of the authority will be communicated to you by e-mail or by mail.

Required documents

  • Copy of identity card or passport with certificate of registration


administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.