Occasional offering for sale of goods; application for a permit

If you would like to offer goods for immediate sale on a special occasion, such as a public festival, trade fair or market, you will need a permit from the competent authority. A travel trade license is not required.



  • You would like to offer goods (not services) at a specific event or for a specific occasion.
  • The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the traveling trade (for example, precious metals, precious stones, alcohol are prohibited - with certain exceptions)
  • You offer the goods at the event itself, or at least on the fringes of the event in question. There must therefore be a temporal and spatial connection to the event (e.g. on the forecourt or access roads).


  • You can apply for the permit informally or using the form provided together with the required documents to the competent authority.
  • You will be notified of the authority's decision by e-mail or post.

Required documents

  • Copy of identity card or passport with certificate of registration


Administrative court action


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.