Veterinarian; application for admission to the examination for the granting of a specialist, sub-specialty or additional designation
If you have completed further veterinary training in accordance with the requirements of the further training regulations for veterinarians in Bavaria, you can apply for the award of a specialist, sub-specialty or additional title.
If, after obtaining your license to practice veterinary medicine, you have completed further veterinary training in a defined veterinary area, sub-area or field, you can apply for the award of a specialist veterinarian, sub-area or additional designation. The basis for this is the further training regulations for veterinarians in Bavaria in the respective applicable version.
The Bavarian Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons checks whether all requirements of the further training regulations have been met and decides on admission to the examination.
- Veterinary license
- Membership of a district veterinary association in Bavaria
- Fulfillment of the requirements of the continuing education regulations and the associated guidelines for the implementation, duration and content of continuing education
The application must be submitted in writing to the Bavarian State Veterinary Chamber.
For the use of earlier or facilitating provisions, the transitional periods specified in the continuing education regulations must be observed, if applicable (see Transitional Provisions).
The applications are submitted to the Continuing Education Committee of the Bavarian State Veterinary Chamber for consultation. The committee usually meets every six months. Applications must be submitted at least six weeks before the meeting date. The result is usually communicated to the applicants within two to three weeks after the meeting date.
The application shall be accompanied by:
- Approbation certificate - uncertified copy
- if applicable, doctoral certificate - uncertified copy
- if applicable, summary of the dissertation (if subject-related) - uncertified copy, in German language
- Certificates of further training - certified copies or originals; if periods of further training were completed in other federal states, additionally a certificate of authorisation (uncertified copy) from the further training provider there.
- Documentation - if required for the further training course
- Proof of the required further training hours or courses - uncertified copies
Fees are charged in accordance with the administrative fee statutes of the Bavarian State Veterinary Chamber.
Processing fee: 220.00 EUR
Examination fee: 320.00 EUR
Additional fees, if applicable, related to expenses
Administrative court action; with regard to examination decision also appeal
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited