Veterinary surgeon; application for admission to the examination for the award of the title of veterinary specialist, veterinary sub-specialist or veterinary auxiliary
If you have completed further veterinary training in accordance with the requirements of the further training regulations for veterinarians in Bavaria, you can apply for the award of a specialist, sub-specialty or additional title.
If, after obtaining your veterinary licence, you have completed further veterinary training in a defined veterinary area, sub-area or field, you can apply for the award of a specialist veterinarian, sub-area or additional title. The basis for this is the further training regulations for veterinarians in Bavaria in the respective applicable version.
The Bavarian Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons checks whether all requirements of the further training regulations have been met and decides on admission to the examination.
- Veterinary license
- Membership of a veterinary district association in Bavaria
- Fulfilment of the requirements of the further training regulations and the associated guidelines for the implementation, duration and content of further training
The application must be submitted in writing to the Bavarian Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons.
In order to make use of earlier or facilitating provisions, the transitional periods stipulated in the further training regulations must be observed, if applicable (see transitional provisions).
The applications are submitted to the Continuing Education Committee of the Bavarian State Veterinary Chamber for consultation. The committee usually meets every six months. The applications are to be submitted at the latest six weeks before the meeting date. The result is usually communicated to the applicants within two to three weeks after the meeting date.
The application shall be accompanied by:
- Approbation certificate - uncertified copy
- if applicable, doctoral certificate - uncertified copy
- if applicable, summary of the dissertation (if subject-related) - uncertified copy, in German language
- Certificates of further training - certified copies or originals; if periods of further training were completed in other federal states, additionally a certificate of authorisation (uncertified copy) from the further training provider there.
- Documentation - if required for the further training course
- Proof of the required further training hours or courses - uncertified copies
Fees are charged in accordance with the administrative fee statutes of the Bavarian State Veterinary Chamber.
Processing fee: 220.00 EUR
Examination fee: 320.00 EUR
Additional fees, if any, related to expenses
Administrative court action; with regard to examination decision also objection
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited