Child day care; application for a care permit
If you want to work as a childminder, you need a care permit before you start working and from the first child.
Prerequisites for suitability as a caregiver are, among other things, personal, professional and health suitability. For example, the following criteria are checked:
- suitable home environment/premises for the care of children
- personal suitability and qualification that qualifies to care for children
- the well-being of the day care child must be guaranteed (as well as that of the children who may already be living with the family)
- orderly economic circumstances
Before you apply for permission, you should seek advice from the youth welfare office. They will tell you which requirements you have to meet and what evidence you need to provide.
You can then submit the application in writing to the responsible youth welfare office or hand it in personally for recording.
The Youth Welfare Office will check your personal suitability and the available premises.
If the requirements are met, permission is granted.
The care of children can only take place after the permission has been granted.
The care permit is valid for five years.
You can apply for an extension before the period expires.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited