Veterinary surgeon; application for recognition of a foreign certificate of continuing education from a third country
You can apply for the recognition of a continuing education certificate from a third country and the award of the corresponding German designation.
If you hold a continuing education certificate within the meaning of Article 27 in conjunction with. Article 50 of the Bavarian Health Professions Chamber Act, which was acquired outside the European Union or the European Economic Area ("third country"), this can be recognized under certain circumstances and the corresponding German designation can be awarded in accordance with the further training regulations for veterinarians in Bavaria.
Upon application, you can receive recognition of the designation if the equivalence of the level of further training is given.
The Bavarian Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons checks whether the qualification of your qualification acquired in the third state is equivalent to the designation applied for according to the further training regulations for veterinarians in Bavaria.
If there are significant differences, an examination must be taken.
- Veterinary license
- Membership of a veterinary district association in Bavaria
- Certificate of continuing education from a third country
The application must be submitted in writing to the Bavarian State Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons together with the required supporting documents (see under "Required documents").
The Bavarian State Veterinary Chamber confirms receipt of the application documents within one month. It informs which documents are missing, if any. It decides on the application no later than three months after receipt of the complete documents. In justified cases, this deadline can be extended by one month.
The application shall be accompanied by:
- Licensing certificate - uncertified copy
- Diploma/certificate of basic veterinary training - in original language with German translation by an officially sworn translator
- if applicable, doctoral certificate - in original language with German translation by an officially sworn translator
- if applicable, summary of the dissertation (if subject-related) - in original language with German translation by an officially sworn translator
- Diploma/recognition/certificate of completed further training - in original language with German translation by an officially sworn translator
- Curriculum of the completed further training course - in original language with German translation by an officially sworn translator
- If required by the Bavarian Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons, further documents may be required.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
The fees are charged on a time and material basis in accordance with the administrative fee statutes of the Bavarian State Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons.
A minimum fee of 200.00 EUR must be paid at the time of application. The maximum fee is 300.00 EUR.
Administrative court action; in the event of an audit, also an objection
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited