Real estate agents; application for a license by EU citizens
If you want to broker the conclusion of contracts for land, land rights, commercial premises, residential premises (real estate agents) or prove the opportunity to conclude such contracts, you need a license.
The requirements for a license are the trader's reliability and orderly financial circumstances.
The reliability and financial circumstances of the trader are verified on the basis of documents issued in the country of origin which prove that the requirements for reliability and orderly financial circumstances are met. It may be required that a certified copy of the documents and a certified German translation be submitted. If such documents are not issued in the country of origin, they may be replaced by an affidavit in lieu of an oath by the trader or comparable acts under the law of the country of origin.
Processing takes a few weeks once all the documents have been submitted.
valid identity card or passport
Proof of good repute from the country of origin
In the case of applications for a proxy permit, a certified copy and a certified German translation; if necessary, substitution by an affirmation in lieu of an oath or similar act.
Evidence of a well-ordered financial situation from the country of origin
in certified copy and certified German translation; if necessary, replacement by affirmation in lieu of an oath or similar acts
for registered companies, civil law companies and limited liability companies:
- for registered companies: Commercial register excerpt or comparable registration documents from abroad (with German translation),
- in the case of companies under civil law: articles of association,
- in the case of a GmbH in the process of formation: a copy of the notarial formation agreement and a power of attorney from the founders, according to which the commencement of the trade is to be commenced prior to the entry in the commercial register.
in the case of a power of attorney: a written power of attorney and identification of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited