Pharmaceutical consultant; application for recognition.
Anyone who wishes to work as a pharmaceutical consultant and is not, for example, a pharmacist, pharmacist assistant or pharmaceutical assistant must have the examination or training recognized by the competent authority.
Pharmaceutical entrepreneurs may only commission persons who possess the expertise specified in Section 75 (2) of the German Medicines Act (AMG) to visit healthcare professionals on a full-time basis in order to provide them with professional information on medicinal products within the meaning of Section 2 (1) or (2) No. 1 AMG (pharmaceutical consultants).
The expertise is possessed by
- Pharmacists or persons with a certificate of an examination passed after completed university studies in pharmacy, chemistry, biology, human or veterinary medicine,
- pharmacist assistants, as well as persons who have completed training as technical assistants in pharmacy, chemistry, biology, human or veterinary medicine,
- pharmaceutical assistants.
The competent authority may recognize as sufficient a passed examination or completed training that is at least equivalent to one of the trainings of the persons mentioned in Section 75 (2) AMG.
The following are responsible for recognition
- the Government of Upper Bavaria, if the place of (intended) professional practice is in the administrative district of Upper Bavaria, Lower Bavaria or Swabia:
Government of Upper Bavaria
Sachgebiet 55.2 - Rechtsfragen Gesundheit und Verbraucherschutz und Pharmazie
- the Government of Upper Franconia, if the place of (intended) professional practice is in the administrative district of Upper, Middle and Lower Franconia or in the Upper Palatinate.
Government of Upper Franconia
Sachgebiet 55.2 - Rechtsfragen Gesundheit und Verbraucherschutz
The prerequisite is the equivalence of the completed training.
The informal application with the required documents should be sent to the relevant government.
Recognition can only be granted once all the necessary documents have been submitted, any open questions have been clarified and the technical equivalence has been assessed. The AMG does not set any deadlines.
The processing time depends on the completeness and scope of the submitted documents. It can therefore vary individually.
The application for recognition of training as a pharmaceutical consultant in accordance with Section 75 (3) AMG can be made informally with the following information and documents:
- personal data with address and contact details
- curriculum vitae in tabular form
- confirmation of the (future) employer with indication of the place of work (area specification North or South Bavaria)
- simple copies of the exact course and content of the training, incl. details of subjects/hours
- officially certified copy of the final certificate/diploma (submission by mail)
All documents not written in German are required in the form of a translation. Translations are accepted if they have been prepared by an interpreter or translator appointed or sworn in Germany, the other contracting countries of the EEA or Switzerland. Translations made outside Germany, the EEA or Switzerland will generally not be accepted. Exception: Translations already prepared in a third country must be submitted to an interpreter or translator appointed or sworn in Germany for verification of accuracy and then submitted here.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited