Information block, transmission block; application for registration

You can have your data blocked in the population register by the registration office (information block). In certain cases, you can object to the disclosure of your registration data (transmission block).


Information block

If you can credibly demonstrate to your registration authority that the disclosure of your registration data could pose a risk to you or another person, e.g. your relatives (e.g. risk to life, health, personal freedom or similar interests worthy of protection), your registration data will be blocked accordingly (information block).
Before the information block is set up, your details will be checked by the registration authority. If this check shows that the relevant requirements are met, an information block will be noted in the civil register. This block applies to all types of civil register information provided to private individuals and non-public bodies. Membership of a particular occupational group alone is not sufficient for the entry of an information block.

Information blocks always apply for the protective purpose that was decisive for the entry. If, after hearing the person concerned, the registration authority is of the opinion that the information does not affect the protective purpose of the information block and if other interests of the person concerned that are worthy of protection are also safeguarded, the information may be provided.

The information block is valid for a limited period of two years and can be extended upon request.

Similar interests worthy of protection are, in particular, the protection of the person concerned or another person from threats, insults and unauthorized stalking. In determining whether the above-mentioned facts exist, it must also be taken into account whether the person concerned or another person belongs to a group of persons who are generally exposed to increased hostility or other attacks due to their professional or honorary activities.

Blocks on transmission

  • Block on transmission to religious societies under public law (Section 42 (3) sentence 2 BMG)
    The Federal Registration Act stipulates that, in addition to the data of their members, churches may also be provided with some basic data on members' family members who do not belong to the same or any public-law religious society. The family member concerned - not the church member himself - may request that a transfer block be set up. This block on transmission does not apply if data is transmitted for the purposes of the tax collection law of the respective religious societies under public law.

  • Information to parties, voter groups and other sponsors of election proposals (Section 50 (1) and (5) BMG)
    In connection with general elections and votes, parties, electoral groups and other sponsors of election proposals may be provided with information on the name, address and doctoral degree of groups of eligible voters whose composition is determined by the age of the persons concerned in the six months preceding the vote. The birthdays of the persons entitled to vote may not be disclosed. The recipient must delete the data no later than one month after the election or vote. This information may only be provided if you have not objected.

  • Information on age and marriage anniversaries (Section 50 (2) and (5) BMG, Section 21 MeldDV)
    Mandate holders, parties, voter groups, members of parliamentary representative bodies and candidates for these bodies as well as the press and radio may be provided with information from the civil register on the age and marriage anniversaries of residents. The information may only include the data required for this purpose (surname, first name, doctoral degree, address) as well as the date and type of the anniversary. Furthermore, the registration authorities may transmit data on age and marriage anniversaries to the Federal Administration Office and the District Office for congratulations by the Federal President and the District Administrator, respectively. The AKDB transmits data on age and marriage anniversaries to the State Office of Finance for congratulations from the Prime Minister. You can object to these disclosures or data transfers.

  • Information to address book publishers (Section 50 (3) and (5) BMG) The Federal Registration Act allows information to be provided to directory publishers on the first and last names, doctoral degrees and addresses of residents who have reached the age of 18. The data provided may only be used for the publication of address books (address directories in book form). You can object to this provision of information.

  • Data transfers to the Federal Office for Armed Forces Personnel Management (Section 36 (2) BMG in conjunction with Section 58 c (1) of the German Soldiers Act)
    To enable the Federal Office of Armed Forces Personnel Management to provide information on voluntary military service, the registration authorities transmit details of persons with German citizenship who will come of age in the next year (surname, first name and current address) by March 31 of each year. If you do not wish to receive any information from the Federal Office of Armed Forces Personnel Management, you can object to the transfer of data.

The respective transmission block will be entered by your registration office upon request. The transfer block will only be entered at the municipality where you have objected to the data transfer. If you have several apartments and want to exclude data transmission for all apartments, you must object to data transmission at all municipalities in which you have a residence.

Blocks on data transfer are valid for an unlimited period of time.


You must provide the registration office with convincing reasons for blocking information. This can include facts that make it credible that you or other persons are in danger. If you have more than one home, the relevant registration authorities will be informed of the information block.

A simple application, which does not have to be substantiated, is sufficient for the registration of one or more information blocks.



Required documents

  • in the case of information blocking: if applicable, documents that can support the information you have provided.


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • none


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.