Certificate of good conduct; application for comparable proof by non-EU citizens

Some administrative procedures require the provision of a certificate of good conduct. Non-EU citizens may be required to provide comparable proof.


Non-EU citizens may be required to provide proof comparable to the German certificate of good conduct (e.g. an official certificate of good conduct or an extract from the criminal record of the home country or an equivalent document). This proof must be requested from the competent authority in the home country.

If you are a non-EU citizen and require a German certificate of good conduct for official or private purposes, you can apply for one at your local municipality. You can find further information under "Related topics".


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.