Craft or trade similar to a craft that is not subject to licensing; notification

If you start a business in an unlicensed craft or craft-like trade, you must notify the Chamber of Crafts and have yourself entered in a register.


You can become self-employed in crafts that are not subject to licensing and in crafts similar to crafts without any special licensing requirements. You must immediately notify the Chamber of Crafts in whose district your commercial establishment is located of the operation of an admission-free craft or a craft-like trade and have yourself entered in the register of admission-free crafts and crafts-like trades.

Upon registration in the register of crafts and crafts-like businesses that are exempt from registration, the business becomes a member of the Chamber of Crafts and is obligated to pay dues in accordance with the dues regulations of the respective Chamber of Crafts.


You would like to become self-employed in an unlicensed trade or a trade similar to a trade.


Notification of commencement must be made without delay to the Chamber of Crafts in whose district the commercial establishment is located. Thereupon, the entry in the business register takes place.

Special notes

In the trades that are not subject to licensing and in the trades similar to trades, you can become self-employed without any special licensing requirements.


The beginning or end of the independent operation of a craft that is exempt from registration or a craft-like trade as a standing trade must be reported immediately.

Required documents

  • Registration of a trade or business (may be submitted at a later date)

  • Copy of the proprietor's identity card or comparable identification document


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • about 70 - 153 EUR

    Electronic payment via online banking is possible. Information on this is provided by the relevant Chamber of Crafts.

Legal bases

Links to more information


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.