Rental apartments and care places in inpatient care facilities; application for funding for modernization measures.
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the modernization of rented housing in multi-family houses as well as of care places in inpatient care facilities in accordance with the SGB XI (German Social Code) in accordance with the guidelines for the Bavarian Modernization Program.
The objectives of the subsidy are:
- Increase the utility value of housing,
- Improvement of general housing conditions,
- Adaptation of housing to the needs of older people,
- Energy and water saving,
- CO2 reduction as a result of modernization,
- Maintaining and restoring the urban function of older residential areas,
- Ensuring socially acceptable rent after modernization,
- Determination of the eligible group of persons by means of a general occupancy right.
On behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, the Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt (BayernLabo) promotes the modernization and renewal (repair) of rental apartments in multi-family dwellings as well as of care places in inpatient care facilities.
Owners, leaseholders and usufructuaries of rented residential buildings and inpatient care facilities are eligible to apply.
The costs of modernization and renovation measures are eligible for funding up to 60 percent of comparable new construction costs. In justified individual cases, the granting agency may recognize higher eligible costs, but not more than 75 percent of comparable new construction costs.
Type and amount
Funding is provided without legal entitlement in the form of low-interest loans and supplementary grants within the limits of available funds up to 100 percent of the eligible costs.
The "Basic" grant amounts to up to €200/m2 of living space. The "Sustainability" grant for particularly sustainable projects is also up to €200/m2 of living space.
For more information on the grant amounts and loan conditions, please refer to the fact sheet issued by the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport (see "Further links").
- The building should be at least 15 years old and contain at least 3 rental or cooperative apartments or, in the case of inpatient care facilities, at least 8 care places.
- If measures are carried out in accordance with the guideline for federal funding for efficient buildings, the building must be at least 5 years old.
- After modernization, the apartments must meet housing needs that are common today.
- Eligible costs must average at least €5,000 per apartment in a building.
- The planned measures must be permissible under public and tenancy law.
- The construction project may not be started before the subsidies have been approved.
There is no legal claim to the granting of subsidies. Subsidies can only be granted within the scope of available funds.
Commitment to occupancy
For new apartments to be let, there is a general right of occupancy for a period of 10 or 20 years for households whose income does not exceed the limit set out in Art. 11 (1) of the Bavarian Housing Promotion Act.
For rented apartments:
- The application must be submitted to the approval office (see under "Responsible for you") using the forms and documents provided.
- Approval is granted by the approval office.
- The Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt approves the loan and sends the notice of approval.
- Disbursement according to construction progress must be requested from the approval office.
For inpatient care facilities:
- The project must be registered by March 1 of each year.
- After acceptance into the program, the application is submitted to the approval office using the form provided for this purpose. This office issues the notice of approval.
- The Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt then carries out a credit check. The latter forwards the loan commitment and the notice of approval.
- Payment is made on application ("Installment call" form) according to the progress of construction work, which must be submitted to the approval office.
For residential care facilities, the project must be registered by March 1 of each year.
(This does not apply to rental housing).
Please attach the following documents (1-fold) to the application:
- Site plan (M 1 : 1 000) with field numbers
- Building drawings (M 1 : 100)
- Calculation of living space in accordance with § 5 of the Living Space Ordinance (WoFlV) pursuant to §§ 42 to 44 II. BV or according to WoFlV
- Copy of the latest version of the land register
- Confirmations from the previous lenders regarding residual loans
- Proof of commitments of external funds
- Proof of own contributions
- Verifiable cost estimates or cost offers
- Copies of an official identification document of each applicant (only for private persons)
Also to be enclosed:
- In cases that meet the requirements of the Guidelines for Federal Funding for Efficient Buildings - Residential Buildings (BEG WG) or Individual Measures (BEG EM), the funding application must be accompanied by confirmation from an energy efficiency expert that the building measure has been planned to achieve an efficiency house level in accordance with the BEG WG or that the application has been submitted for funding in accordance with the BEG EM.
In the case of construction supervision, the following must be enclosed:
- Guardianship agreement
- Power of representation of the guardian
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited