The objectives of the subsidy are:
- Increase the utility value of housing,
- Improvement of general housing conditions,
- Adaptation of housing to the needs of older people,
- Energy and water saving,
- CO2 reduction as a result of modernization,
- Maintaining and restoring the urban function of older residential areas,
- Ensuring socially acceptable rent after modernization,
- Determination of the eligible group of persons by means of a general occupancy right.
On behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, the Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt (BayernLabo) promotes the modernization and renewal (repair) of rental apartments in multi-family dwellings as well as of care places in inpatient care facilities.
Owners, leaseholders and usufructuaries of rented residential buildings and inpatient care facilities are eligible to apply.
The costs of modernization and renovation measures are eligible for funding up to 60 percent of comparable new construction costs. In justified individual cases, the granting agency may recognize higher eligible costs, but not more than 75 percent of comparable new construction costs.
Type and amount
Funding is provided without legal entitlement in the form of low-interest loans and supplementary grants within the limits of available funds up to 100 percent of the eligible costs.
The "Basic" grant amounts to up to €200/m2 of living space. The "Sustainability" grant for particularly sustainable projects is also up to €200/m2 of living space.
For more information on the grant amounts and loan conditions, please refer to the fact sheet issued by the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport (see "Further links").