Rental apartments and care places in inpatient care facilities; application for funding for modernization measures
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the modernization of rental housing in apartment buildings as well as care places in inpatient care facilities in accordance with SGB XI in accordance with the guidelines for the Bavarian Modernization Programme.
- The building should be at least 15 years old and contain at least 3 rental or cooperative apartments or, in the case of inpatient care facilities, at least 8 care places.
- If measures are carried out in accordance with the guidelines for federal funding for efficient buildings, the building must be at least 5 years old.
- After modernization, the apartments must meet today's standard living requirements.
- The eligible costs must average at least €5,000 per apartment in a building.
- The planned measures must be permissible under public and tenancy law regulations.
- The construction project may not be started before the funding has been approved.
There is no legal entitlement to the grant of funding. Funding can only be granted within the scope of available funds.
For new apartments to be rented out, there is a general right of occupancy for a period of 10 or 20 years for households whose income does not exceed the limit specified in Art. 11 Para. 1 of the Bavarian Housing Promotion Act.
For rented apartments:
- The application must be submitted to the licensing office (see under "Responsible for you") using the forms and documents provided for this purpose.
- Approval is granted by the approval office.
- The loan commitment and notification of approval is issued by the Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt.
- Application must be made to the approval office for disbursement after construction progress.
For inpatient care facilities:
- The project must be registered by March 1 of each year.
- After acceptance into the program, the application is submitted to the approval office using the form provided. The approval notice is then issued.
- A credit check is then carried out by the Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt. The bank forwards the loan approval and the approval notice.
- Payment is made on application ("installment call-off" form) after construction progress, which must be submitted to the approval office.
In the case of residential care facilities, the project must be registered by March 1 of each year.
(This does not apply to rental apartments).
Please attach the following documents (1-fold) to the application:
- Site plan (M 1 : 1 000) with field numbers
- Building drawings (M 1 : 100)
- Calculation of living space in accordance with § 5 of the Living Space Ordinance (WoFlV) pursuant to §§ 42 to 44 II. BV or according to WoFlV
- Copy of the latest version of the land register
- Confirmations from the previous lenders regarding residual loans
- Proof of commitments of external funds
- Proof of own contributions
- Verifiable cost estimates or cost offers
- Copies of an official identification document of each applicant (only for private persons)
Also to be enclosed:
- In cases that meet the requirements of the Guidelines for Federal Funding for Efficient Buildings - Residential Buildings (BEG WG) or Individual Measures (BEG EM), the funding application must be accompanied by confirmation from an energy efficiency expert that the building measure has been planned to achieve an efficiency house level in accordance with the BEG WG or that the application has been submitted for funding in accordance with the BEG EM.
In the case of construction supervision, the following must be enclosed:
- Guardianship agreement
- Power of representation of the guardian
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited