Road haulage; registration for the examination to acquire the professional qualification to run a company

To open a company that transports goods by road, you must prove your professional qualification.



  • For examination registration: none
  • For proof by training: Completion in an apprenticeship started before 4.12.2011 as:
    • Rail and road transport clerk, specializing in road freight transport
    • Freight forwarding clerk
    • Transport business administrator
    • Diplom-Betriebswirt/Diplom-Betriebswirtin in the field of economics, specializing in freight forwarding at the Berufsakademien Lörrach and Mannheim
    • Diplom-Betriebswirt/Diplom-Betriebswirtin in the field of economics I course of study Transport Economics and Logistics, specialization Freight Transport of the Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences,
    • Bachelor of Arts, course of study in Business Administration/Forwarding, Transport and Logistics at the Universities of Cooperative Education in Lörrach and Mannheim
    • Bachelor of Arts, degree program in Transport Business and Logistics, specialization in Transport Logistics at Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences
  • For proof by professional experience:
    • At least 10 years of managerial work in a road haulage company.


For proof of suitability by examination, first register for the examination in writing or online at your local IHK.

  • The IHK will confirm your registration for the examination.
  • You first successfully take the two written exams.
  • After passing the written exam, you will take the oral exam.
  • About 14 days after passing the exam, you will receive your certificate of professional qualification.

With the certificate, you can now apply for your permit to open your business with the relevant authorities.

For proof of professional suitability without taking the exams, send your written application including all supporting documents to the IHK. After processing, you will receive your certificate by mail.

Processing time

As a rule, you will receive your pass or fail notification about two weeks after taking the exam.

Required documents

  • The following documents are required:

    • If evidence by examination: none
    • If evidence by degree: Proof of having passed the final examination
    • In case of proof by professional experience: proof of your professional activities


  • The examination fee is based on the respective valid fee tariff of the responsible IHK.


Responsible for editing:Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.