Traveling camps; notification by non-EU citizens

If you wish to organize a travelling camp for the distribution of goods or services, you must notify the authority responsible for the location of the event two weeks before the event begins.



Pursuant to Section 56a (2) of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (GewO), the organization of a touring camp for the sale of goods or services must be notified to the authority responsible for the location of the event four weeks prior to its commencement.

The notification must include

  1. the location, date and time of the traveling camp,
  2. the name of the organizer and the person for whose account the goods or services are being sold, including the address at which these persons are established, and in the case of legal entities, the legal form and the authorized representatives,
  3. information that enables quick contact and direct communication with the organizer, including a telephone number and an e-mail address,
  4. the commercial register, register of associations or register of cooperatives in which the organizer is entered and the corresponding register number,
  5. the wording and form of the intended public announcement and
  6. the name of a representative of the organizer of the hiking camp named in the announcement who is authorized in writing to manage the camp on behalf of the organizer.

For non-EU foreigners: A residence permit allowing the exercise of self-employed activity is generally required.


The notification must be made four weeks before the start of the event.

Required documents

  • Display (in duplicate) with the following information

    • Place and time of the event,
    • the names of the organiser and of the person on whose behalf the goods are being distributed, and the place of residence or business of such persons,
    • the wording and nature of the intended public announcements.

  • valid identity card or passport

  • Non-EU foreign nationals: Residence title permitting self-employed (independent) activities

  • for registered companies: Commercial register excerpt or comparable registration documents from abroad (with German translation)

  • in the case of civil law companies: memorandum and articles of association

  • in the case of a power of attorney: a written power of attorney and identification of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • none


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.