UV irradiation equipment; monitoring of operators
The trade supervisory authorities inspect the operation of tanning salons.
It is the task of the trade inspectorates at the governments to work towards ensuring that the regulations on protection against UV radiation are observed in tanning salons.
The factory inspectorate
- checks whether expert personnel are on site in the tanning salons. The expert personnel should instruct users in the safe operation of the UV equipment, offer UV protective goggles, a skin type determination and the preparation of a dosage plan.
- checks compliance with the prohibition of use for persons under 18 years of age.
- checks compliance with the operator's information and documentation obligations (e.g. warning signs, operating instructions, equipment and operating log).
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited