Identity card, eID card or electronic residence permit; application for a Braille sticker.
Visually impaired persons can apply for a transparent sticker with Braille for the back of their ID card, eID card, or electronic residence permit from their local authority or immigration office.
Since 01.09.2021, at the request of the document holder, a transparent Braille sticker with the inscription "ad" (identity document) can be applied to the identity card, the eID card or on the electronic residence permit on the back of the identity card.
The sticker with Braille is intended to make it easier to distinguish the ID card, eID card or electronic residence permit from other cards in credit card format, for example in the wallet.
- Submitting an informal application to the relevant competent authority (ID card and eID card authorities, i.e. the municipalities of the (main) place of residence, and for the electronic residence title the foreigners authorities).
- Holders of an identity card, an eID card or an electronic residence permit
The sticker will be affixed to the back of the ID document only at the request of the ID or card holder.
The Braille sticker can be applied immediately when the identification document is issued or at a later time.
The sticker with Braille is applied to the document during the personal application for an ID card, eID card or electronic residence permit when the document is issued or at a later time.
Identity card, eID card or electronic residence permit
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited