Certificate, attestation or proof of training from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce; application for a duplicate
Upon request, a duplicate of the vocational training certificate or a duplicate of the advanced training certificate can be issued. The same applies in the case of a change of name due to adoption or according to the Transsexual Act (TSG).
Duplicates of vocational training certificates and advanced training certificates can be requested from the locally competent Chamber of Industry and Commerce. The issuance of a duplicate is the issuance of a new original certificate with the remark "duplicate". A duplicate is therefore not a second original, but replaces it. A duplicate can be issued in the following cases:
- Case 1: The original has been lost or destroyed.
- Case 2: Your name has changed due to adoption.
- Case 3: Your first name has changed according to the Transsexual Act (TSG).
However, a duplicate is not issued in the case of a change of name due to marriage / establishment of a civil partnership or naming in accordance with § 1618 BGB. In terms of content, a duplicate is basically identical to the original, but the current certificate/attestation/verification is used and a duplicate endorsement is attached.
Further purpose-related confirmations of completed vocational training or further training can be applied for at the locally responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce (e.g. confirmation of apprenticeship for pension purposes, confirmation for study purposes, certification).
You can apply for the duplicate (or, if applicable, other purpose-specific confirmations of completed vocational training or continuing education) in writing to the locally responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
You submit the application (together with the required evidence, if applicable). After examination by the responsible office, the requested documents will be sent to you by mail. The fee notice will also be sent to you by mail.
As a rule, you will receive the requested documents within a few days.
The following documents are required:
- if the duplicate is requested because of a change of name due to adoption: Proof of adoption
- if the duplicate is requested due to a change of name under the Transsexual Act (TSG): Proof of name change
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited