Adult education; application for funding for courses to prepare for the successful completion of the secondary school leaving certificate
The Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs supports courses for young people and people in employment to prepare them for successfully completing secondary school (also part-time).
Purpose and object
Young people without school-leaving qualifications and employed persons with no or only low qualifications have very few opportunities on the labour or apprenticeship market. The Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs provides state funding to the adult education providers (BaybFöG) of state-supported state organisations and adult education providers at state level in Bavaria, which run the courses to prepare for the successful completion of secondary school themselves, as well as their member institutions.
The aim of the courses is to enable students to successfully complete secondary school.
Recipients of funding
Funding is provided to adult education providers of state-supported Land organisations and adult education providers at Land level in Bavaria as well as their member institutions.
Type and amount
The grant will be awarded as project funding in the form of a flat-rate fixed sum.
A contribution of at least 10% from the applicant's own resources is required.
- The courses must be open to participants; i.e. both young people/professionals with school-leaving qualifications and young people/professionals without school-leaving qualifications can take part.
- The age of the young people must not exceed 25 years. The participation of employed persons is independent of age.
- A minimum of 10 young people (5 young people/working people) must take part in a course.
- In order to prepare the young people/employed persons for the secondary school leaving certificate in a meaningful way, at least 900 teaching units are required (700 teaching units in parallel with employment); 1,100 teaching units are recommended for the qualifying secondary school leaving certificate.
- The project-executing agency is obliged to employ qualified personnel for the lessons and qualified socio-pedagogical support must also be ensured.
- The period of the measure must be at least 7 months.
The application for funding must be submitted to the Government of Lower Bavaria together with the required documents.
The Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs makes the basic determination of a grant and the amount of the grant.
The processing of this funding measure (application procedure, approval procedure, verification of use, payment of the funding) is carried out by the Government of Lower Bavaria.
The application for a grant must be submitted at least four weeks before the planned start of the course.
1 - 4 weeks
Evidence of qualifications for teaching staff and socio-educational supervision
Eligible expenditure form
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited