Adult education; application for funding for courses to prepare students to successfully complete their high school diploma.
The Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs supports courses for young people and people in employment to prepare them for successfully completing secondary school (also part-time).
Purpose and object
Young people without a high school diploma and employed persons with no or only low qualifications have very few opportunities on the job or apprenticeship market. The Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs provides state funding to the adult education providers (BaybFöG) of state-supported state organizations and adult education providers at the state level in Bavaria, which run the courses to prepare students to successfully complete secondary school themselves, as well as their member institutions.
The aim of the courses is to enable students to successfully complete secondary school.
Recipients of funding
Funding is provided to adult education institutions of state-supported state organizations and adult education institutions at the state level in Bavaria as well as their member institutions.
Type and amount
The grant is awarded as project funding in the form of a flat-rate fixed sum.
A contribution of at least 10% is required.
- The courses must be open to participants; i.e., both young people/professionals with a high school diploma and young people/professionals without a high school diploma can participate.
- The age of the young people must not exceed 25 years. Participation of employed persons is independent of age.
- At least 10 young people (5 young people/working people) must participate in a course.
- In order to prepare the young people/working persons in a meaningful way for the completion of secondary school, at least 900 teaching units are required (700 teaching units on a part-time basis); 1,100 teaching units are recommended for the qualifying completion of secondary school.
- The project executing agency is obliged to employ qualified personnel for the lessons and qualified socio-pedagogical support must also be ensured.
- The measure period must be at least 7 months.
The application for funding must be submitted to the Government of Lower Bavaria together with the required documents.
The Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Cultural Affairs makes the basic determination of a grant and the amount of the grant.
The processing of this funding measure (application procedure, approval procedure, review of proof of use, payment of the funding) is carried out by the Government of Lower Bavaria.
The application for the grant must be submitted at least four weeks before the scheduled start of the course.
1 - 4 weeks
Evidence of qualifications for teaching staff and socio-educational supervision
Eligible expenditure form
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited