Various agencies offer free counseling for people in need of care and their relatives.
The following agencies offer free advice for people in need of care and their relatives and dependents (in some cases also for stakeholders to set up services):
- Statutory health and long-term care insurance providers
- Pflegeservice Bayern (Bavarian Care Service) as the first point of contact for all statutory long-term care insurance funds in Bavaria (telephone number: 0800-7721111)
- Medizinischer Dienst (MD) Bayern (Medical Service Bavaria) - especially for questions about the assessment and the nursing care report (by telephone Tuesday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 089/159060 5555 and at any time by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Compass private Pflegeberatung GmbH on behalf of the private nursing care insurance companies
- Care support points
- Specialized offices for caring relatives
- Specialized office for dementia and care Bavaria and regional specialized offices for dementia and care
- District offices and independent cities
- Patient and care representative of the Bavarian state government
- Care telephone of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (telephone number: 030/20 17 91 31; e-mail: email@example.com)
Nursing care advice from the nursing care insurance funds
The task of the nursing care advice provided by the nursing care insurance funds (§ 7a SGB XI) is, in particular:
- to record and analyze the individual help and support needs of the person in need of care,
- to draw up a care plan
- to work towards the necessary measures and the further implementation of the care plan,
- to adapt the care plan if necessary,
- provide information about services to relieve the burden on caregivers.
Care support points
The care support points, which can be set up by the care and health insurance funds together with the counties and independent cities and also the districts,
- offer comprehensive and independent information and advice on the rights and obligations under the Social Code and on the selection and use of the social services and other assistance provided for under federal or state law,
- coordinate all health-promoting, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and other medical as well as nursing and social assistance and support services that can be considered for care and support close to home and provide assistance in making use of these services, and
- ensure the networking of coordinated nursing and social care and support services.
Specialized centers for family caregivers
The specialized centers are counseling and contact points for caregiving relatives of older people in need of care and support them with psychosocial counseling, (long-term) assistance and relief services (work with relatives). In addition, many specialized centers offer support for caregiving relatives in everyday life, such as relatives' groups, care groups and voluntary helpers' groups.
Bavaria's dementia and care center and regional dementia and care centers
The regional dementia and care centers set up in all seven administrative districts support the establishment and expansion of advice and support structures and their networking at local level, with support from the supraregional dementia and care center in Bavaria. This relates in particular to the topic of "dementia" and the Bavaria-wide recognized offers for support in everyday life, which serve to relieve the burden on those in need of care and family caregivers. Since 01.01.2021, it has also been possible for individuals to provide the offers under certain quality criteria, whereby the regional specialist offices are responsible for registering the volunteer individual helpers.
Information provided by district offices and independent cities
The information provided by the district offices and independent cities covers the naming of the responsible service providers as well as all factual and legal questions in their area of responsibility that may be of importance to those seeking information.
Nationwide care hotline of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
The care hotline of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth provides advice on all aspects of care at 030 / 20 17 91 31, e.g. on the benefits of health and care insurance and on the statutory options for family caregivers to take time off from work. In addition, the care hotline offers help in critical and stressful situations. If necessary, the advisors can also put you in touch with local counseling and support services.
The care hotline can be reached from Monday to Thursday between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at 030 / 20 17 91 31 and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The telephone counseling sessions are anonymous and confidential. The advice offered by the care hotline is supplemented by the website www.wege-zur-pflege.de.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited