For people in need of long-term care and their relatives, the following agencies offer free advice (in some cases also for stakeholders to set up services):
- Statutory health and long-term care insurance providers
- Pflegeservice Bayern (Bavarian Care Service) as the first point of contact for all insurance funds on behalf of the statutory long-term care insurance funds in Bavaria (telephone number: 0800-7721111)
- Medizinischer Dienst (MD) Bayern (Medical Service Bavaria) - in particular for questions about the assessment and the nursing care report (by telephone Tuesday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.00 on 089/159060 5555 and at any time by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Compass private Pflegeberatung GmbH on behalf of the private nursing care insurance companies
- Care support points
- Specialist centres for caring relatives
- Specialized office for dementia and care Bavaria and regional specialized offices for dementia and care
- District offices and independent cities
- Patient and care representative of the Bavarian state government
- Care telephone of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (telephone number: 030/20 17 91 31; e-mail: email@example.com)
Nursing care counselling by the nursing care insurance funds
The task of long-term care counselling by the long-term care insurance funds (§ 7a SGB XI) is, in particular:
- to record and analyse the individual help and support needs of the person in need of care,
- to draw up a care plan,
- to work towards the necessary measures and the further implementation of the care plan,
- to adapt the care plan if necessary
- to inform about services to relieve the caregivers.
Care support points
The nursing care support points, which can be set up by the nursing care and health insurance funds together with the counties and independent cities and also the districts,
- provide comprehensive and independent information and advice on the rights and obligations under the Social Code and on the selection and use of the social services and other assistance provided for under federal or Land law,
- coordinate all health-promoting, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and other medical as well as nursing and social assistance and support services that can be considered for care and support close to home and provide assistance in making use of these services, and
- ensure the networking of coordinated nursing and social care and support services.
Specialist centres for caring relatives
By providing psychosocial counselling, accompanying support and relief for the caring relatives of people in need of care, the specialist centres aim to prevent the relatives themselves from falling ill and becoming care cases as a result of the often prolonged care. In addition, many specialist centres offer support for caring relatives in everyday life, such as relatives' groups, care groups and voluntary helpers' groups.
Bavaria's specialist dementia andcare centre and regional specialist dementia and care centres
The regional dementia and care centres set up in all seven administrative districts support - under the supervision of the supra-regional dementia and care centre of Bavaria - the establishment and expansion of counselling and support structures as well as their networking on site. This relates in particular to the topic of "dementia" and the Bavarian-wide recognised offers for support in everyday life, which serve to relieve the burden on those in need of care and caring relatives. Since 01.01.2021, the provision of the offers by individuals is also possible under certain quality criteria, whereby the regional specialist offices are responsible for the registration of the voluntary individual helpers.
Information through district offices and independent cities
The information provided by the district offices and independent cities covers the designation of the responsible service providers as well as all factual and legal questions in their area of responsibility that may be of importance to those seeking information.
Nationwide care hotline of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
The care hotline of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth provides advice on all aspects of care, e.g. on the benefits of health and care insurance and on the statutory possibilities for family members providing care to be released from work. In addition, the care hotline offers help in critical and stressful situations. If necessary, the counsellors can also refer you to local counselling and support services.
The care hotline can be reached from Monday to Thursday between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. at 030 / 20 17 91 31 and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The telephone counselling sessions are anonymous and confidential. The advice offered by the care hotline is supplemented by the website www.wege-zur-pflege.de.