Technology; application for funding for research and development projects.
The Bavarian Technology Promotion Program plus (BayTP+) supports research and development projects in the field of general technologies in individual companies, provided that they can be assigned to industrial research or experimental development.
The funding is intended to enable medium-sized companies to develop technologically new products and processes. The development as well as the accelerated introduction and dissemination of modern technologies in the economy and society are necessary in order to maintain the competitiveness of the economy in the face of rapid technological change and thereby ensure appropriate economic growth and a high level of employment. The funding is intended to contribute to the further development of a modern economic structure in Bavaria.
Funding is available for projects involving the development of technologically new or significantly improved products, production processes and knowledge-based services (development projects), from the initial idea to an initial prototype that fulfills all functions. In justified exceptional cases, technical feasibility studies that serve to prepare development projects are also eligible for funding. A product or production process is considered new if it is not yet on the market in the European Economic Area. Existing industrial property rights must not be infringed.
Recipients of funding
Applications may be submitted by commercial companies with their registered office or a permanent establishment in Bavaria.
The following are eligible for funding
- Personnel costs (flat rates),
- Costs for instruments and equipment,
- costs for contract research, technical knowledge and for patents acquired directly or under license from third parties, as well as costs for consulting and equivalent services used exclusively for the research and development project,
- other operating costs (materials, supplies, etc.) incurred directly as a result of the research and development activity.
Type and scope
The funding is provided in the form of grants as part of project funding.
The aid intensity for experimental development projects is up to 25 percent of the eligible costs of the research and development (R&D) project, increased by 10 percent for small and medium-sized enterprises. For industrial research projects, the aid intensity is up to 50 percent.
- The implementation of the project must be associated with a considerable technical and economic risk, but nevertheless appear to be technically feasible on the basis of the envisaged solution path.
- The project must be characterized by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
- The main parts of the project must be carried out by the applicant in Bavaria.
- Funding will not be provided for projects that have already been started before the project management organization receives a verifiable application or that are being carried out on behalf of third parties.
- The applicant company must have specific research and development capacities and relevant technical experience, including in the area of production.
- Applicants must demonstrably use an appropriate amount of their own or external funds for the financing of the project, which are not financed by other public aid or interest subsidies.
- Cumulation with funds of the European Union or with other state aid is generally not possible.
- Companies in difficulty are not eligible for support. This applies in particular to applicants over whose assets insolvency proceedings have been filed or opened.
- Outlines and applications for grants are to be sent to the Project Management Agency Bavaria.
- Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is provided on the Internet platform for electronic application (ELAN) of the State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see under ""Online procedure").
- The Project Management Agency Bavaria will review the outlines and applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, make a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary also with the involvement of expert consultants, and handle the processing of the funding, the processing of payment requests, the review of the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as the handling of the correspondence with the applicants. The project executing agency is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants regarding the applications and the processing of the funding. The project management organization is obligated to maintain confidentiality.
- The granting authority is the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. The granting authority issues the notice of award and disburses the funding. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project management organization, which forwards them to the approval authority.
Early contact with the project sponsor is recommended.
The processing time is about 6 months from the first application to the funding decision. Once the first verifiable application has been submitted, the project can be started at the applicant's own risk. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budget.
detailed project description including exploitation plan
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited