Dangerous wild animals; application for permit for noncommercial keeping.
If you want to keep a dangerous animal of a wild species privately, you need a permit from the municipality.
Permission is granted if the applicant
- proves a legitimate interest,
- there are no doubts about his reliability and
- there is no danger to life, health, property or possessions.
Strict standards must be applied to the requirements for the granting of a permit. For example, a mere hobby does not constitute a legitimate interest.
Permission can be made dependent on proof of the existence of special liability insurance.
A fine of up to ten thousand euros may be imposed on anyone who intentionally or negligently keeps a dangerous animal of a wild species without the required permit or fails to comply with the conditions attached to the permit.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited