Everyday skills - schools for life; call for funding for measures at state schools
State schools can apply for funding for practical weeks or practical modules as part of the "Everyday Skills - School for Life" concept.
Within the framework of the concept, the entire school family works together across subjects and with qualified external partners. In terms of content, "Everyday Skills - School for Life" covers the entire area of everyday skills and life economy with the fields of action health, nutrition, household management, self-determined consumer behavior, environmental behavior and digital action.
State funding is made available to the schools for the activities carried out as part of the project weeks. These are earmarked for fees paid to external partners and experts, for travel costs for students to extracurricular learning locations as part of classroom visits and excursions, and for material costs (materials, food, etc.). The schools' budget is administered by the respective governments. The budget of the individual school per school year is calculated by multiplying the number of classes in grades 1 to 9 by 100 euros. The school management decides on the use of funds.
- A project week is held at the school for students in grades 1 to 4 and in grades 5 to 9.
- The project weeks are each implemented as a five-day block or as part of project modules lasting several days.
- The project weeks are carried out with the involvement of qualified external experts and extracurricular learning venues, e.g. in the form of cooperation with farms, initiatives for sustainability and environmental protection or activities for health education. Programs such as "Erlebnis Bauernhof," "Landfrauen machen Schule," "Ernährung macht Schule," "Wissen wie's wächst und schmeckt," "Partnerschule Verbraucherbildung," "Umweltschule in Europa" or "Landesprogramm für die gute, gesunde Schule Bayern" can be integrated.
Overview of the procedure in state schools:
- Planning of the project week by the school
- Implementation of the project week (preferably five continuous days during the school year, alternatively divided into two parts) in all classes of a grade level determined by the school management (grades 1 - 9)
- Data entry and upload of the scanned invoice(s) with confirmation of factual and mathematical correctness as well as signature by the school management in the survey in the Bavarian School Portal
- Data retrieval and payment of invoice(s) to payee by responsible government by 11/30, 01/31, 03/31, 05/31, 07/31.
Click on "Further links" to call up information on processing (collection of previous letters from the ministries of education and checklists with important information on processing, etc.). Please note the different procedures for governmental and non-governmental schools (municipal schools and private alternative schools) before planning and implementing the project weeks and calling up your available budget. This will help you avoid possible inquiries by the governments and delays in the payment of invoices.
The project weeks must be carried out in a binding manner.
The concept for the project weeks does not have to be submitted to the school supervisory authority in advance, nor does it have to be approved.
The project week must be carried out by the end of July of a school year.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited