Building project; application for an isolated exception to the development plan
If your non-procedural project corresponds to an exception stipulated in a development plan, you can apply for an exception.
You can apply for an isolated exception to the development plan if
- your project is exempt from procedures,
- it is within the scope of a development plan,
- the type and scope of the development plan expressly permits exceptions and
- the nature and scope of your project falls under the exception.
- Submit your application for an isolated exception to the provisions of a development plan to the responsible municipality.
- Also submit a justification and the required documents. The documents required are those that the municipality needs to be able to assess the facts of the case.
- A specific form is not required.
- An oral application is not possible.
- If the exception affects regulations that serve to protect neighbors, you should submit the application to your neighbors and obtain their consent before submitting it.
- The municipality will review your application and make a decision. You will receive a written decision.
Digital submission of applications for isolated exceptions is not yet possible throughout Bavaria. This is only possible with certain lower building supervisory authorities. You can find out which these are in Section 1 of the Digital Building Application Ordinance. You can find the link under the "Legal basis" tab.
- The application for an isolated exception to the provisions of a development plan can be submitted digitally using the online assistant. The documents are uploaded to the online assistant in electronic form (files in PDF format). Signatures are replaced by authentication using the "BayernID" user account.
- The application is first sent to the lower building supervisory authority, which forwards it immediately to the responsible municipality.
The processing time depends on the scope and complexity of the project as well as the current workload of the municipality.
current cadastral map extract
(M 1 : 1,000 or 1 : 5,000)
if necessary, further documents
Where necessary for the decision to grant an exemption.
- The fees amount to 5% of the value of the benefit that is expected to result from the exception, but at least EUR 75.
You can challenge the municipality's decision on the isolated exception to the development plan by filing a complaint with the administrative court.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited