Studies; information for foreign students
Foreign students make extensive use of the opportunity to enrol at Bavarian universities.
Prerequisites for enrollment at a university in Bavaria include
- the qualification required for the course of study (certificates of previous education obtained abroad must be recognized as equivalent to the German university entrance qualification),
- proof of the language skills required for the course,
- admission by the desired university.
The application for admission must be sent directly to the university at which you intend to study. An exception applies in this respect for certain state examination courses, insofar as admission is requested for the first semester: Foreigners or stateless persons who are equivalent to Germans or who have acquired a German higher education entrance qualification ("Bildungsinländer") must submit their application for admission to the Foundation for University Admission. Further information can be found on the website of the Foundation for University Admissions (see link under "Further links").
As a rule, the required language skills should already be acquired in the country of origin. There are sometimes opportunities to attend German language courses at universities in the country of origin as well as at German cultural institutes and Goethe Institutes abroad.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft und Kunst
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited