Digital city hall; application for funding for the provision of online services.
With the "Digital Town Hall" funding program, the Free State of Bavaria supports municipalities, associations of municipalities, and municipal associations in the Free State of Bavaria in expanding their online service offerings.
The purpose of the funding is to increase the range of administrative services offered by Bavarian municipalities, associations of municipalities and municipal associations as online services. Online services are digital administrative services within the meaning of Section 2 (3) of the Online Access Act (OZG), electronic government services within the meaning of Article 4 (1) sentence 1 of the Bavarian E-Government Act (BayEGovG), and administrative procedures within the meaning of Article 6 (1) BayEGovG.
The object of the funding is procurement measures for the initial provision of online services not previously offered, with or without specialized procedures, including connection of the online services to the BayernPortal.
Recipients of funding
The grant recipients are the municipalities, associations of municipalities and municipal associations in the Free State of Bavaria.
Eligible costs include the cost of purchasing and installing software for the initial provision of online services with or without specialized procedures and, if applicable, licensing costs for a maximum of two years. Expenses for license use are only considered as a one-time payment. Additional ongoing services, such as care, maintenance, and further development, do not count as eligible expenses.
Type and amount
The grant is awarded as project funding in the form of a non-repayable grant based on the eligible expenditure.
The funding rate is 80% of the eligible expenses. For grant recipients who are predominantly assigned to the area with special need for action, the funding rate is 90% of the eligible expenses.
The maximum funding amount per municipality, county and district is 20,000 euros.
Funding is granted under the following conditions:
- The online service must be both connected to the BayernID - for authentication - and available as an online service of the grant recipient in the BayernPortal. Exceptionally, a connection to the BayernID is not required for the following online services: online appointment allocation, online findings office and council information system.
- The online service must provide for the use of the other basic services of the BayernPortal (mailbox, e-payment) if the online service requires a feedback channel from the administration to the user as well as a payment option. Instead of the basic service e-payment, another comparable payment system can also be used.
- The online service must also be offered in a form optimized for mobile devices.
- Finally, funding will only be granted to grantees that will offer a total (including the online services already offered) of at least 20 online services (districts will offer at least 15 online services). However, only the newly created online services will be funded.
Projects that were started before the granting authority received an application for funding will not be funded. The start of the measure is the conclusion of a contract for the provision of the online service.
The application for the grant must be submitted online to the Government of Lower Franconia with the required documents (see under "Online procedure").
The grant program runs through September 30, 2023, and grant applications must be submitted in time to be adjudicated during the grant program period.
Provided that the required documents are submitted in full, the funding application can usually be processed within a few weeks.
Offers to be awarded
(with itemized statement of expenses claimed for the project).
Decision of the competent body on the implementation of the measure or an extract from the rules of procedure, if the representative of the authority may act on his own authority
Award notice (see under "Forms")
(the type of award procedure carried out as well as the number of tenders received and the tender evaluation must be stated)
If necessary, further documents
(will be requested if necessary)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Digitales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited