Declaration of commitment; delivery

If you want to enable a foreign guest or several foreign guests to stay in Germany, you can commit to paying for his or her living expenses.


Are you a German or foreign national with a right of residence and would like to enable a third-country national who requires a visa to enter Germany to stay in Germany for a short or long period of time because he or she is unable to provide the necessary proof of financial security for his or her stay (living expenses/health insurance coverage) as part of the visa process?

Then you as a third (legal) person have the possibility to submit a declaration of commitment. With this declaration, you undertake to accommodate the third-country national, to finance his or her subsistence for the duration of the stay and to ensure sufficient health insurance coverage. The declaration of commitment does not create a direct obligation towards the third-country national, but opens up a recourse option for government agencies in the event that public funds have to be used for the foreigner's living expenses, including housing, as well as care in the event of illness.


Sufficient creditworthiness of the obligor.


In order to submit a declaration of commitment, you, as the sponsor of the commitment, must appear in person at the Aliens' Registration Office and fill out the form available there.

The foreigners authority in the district of the third-country national's planned place of residence is responsible.

The Aliens' Registration Office will check whether you are financially able to fulfill the obligation you have given (creditworthiness) and will certify your signature.

You send the original of the certified declaration of commitment to the third-country national concerned, who then submits it to the foreign mission.

Required documents

  • If necessary, you may be required to produce additional documents

    The documents to be presented may vary greatly. Please find out more details from your competent Aliens Department (Ausländerbehörde). As a general rule, the documents listed above will be required (among others).

  • Identity card or passport of the person making the commitment

  • Proof of income of the person making the commitment

  • if necessary, further documents


    • 29 EUR


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.