Media services; application
If you want to receive advertising time for your theatrical film on television and radio, you can apply for a media benefit under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by:
- Distributors of theatrical films
- nationwide and
- with at least 25 copies
are launched in cinemas
- The application must specify whether the company is a microenterprise, small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) with
- fewer than 250 employees and
- a maximum annual turnover of EUR 50 million or
- a maximum balance sheet total of EUR 43 million
In the case of applications for additional video or video-on-demand first releases, a minimum of
- at least EUR 200,000 of media output must have been approved, and
- a certain number of viewers must be reached.
You must submit the application online to the German Federal Film Board (FFA).
- First, arrange a personal or telephone consultation with the FFA. During this meeting, you will receive important information about the requirements and application process. You will also have the opportunity to clarify any open questions.
- Submit your application online. Fill out the application electronically. Print it out and sign it. Send the application and all documents by mail and electronically to the FFA.The FFA will confirm receipt of your application, review it, and submit it to the FFA.
- Then submits the application to the Commission for Distribution, Sales and Video Funding.
- The Commission makes a decision on eligibility.
- You will be notified of the decision by mail in the form of an approval or denial notice.
- The second installment of 25 percent is paid after the measure is completed and the final costs are audited by an auditing firm.
The application must be submitted to the German Federal Film Board (FFA) at least one month before the official theatrical release. Please note, however, that the Distribution and Video Commission must decide on approval in good time before the film's release so that you can still book the TV spots for the film's release.
for the processing of the grant decision: Dependent on scheduling of commission meetings. After meeting approx. 1 week processing
- in the event of multiple audits: 1.7 percent of the approved grant amount
- administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited