Weapons, ammunition or permit certificates; notification of loss

If you have lost a weapon, ammunition or a permit under weapons law, such as a weapons possession card or a weapons license, you must report this immediately to the responsible weapons authority.



You have lost a firearm, ammunition, or permit certificate.


You must report the loss of weapons, ammunition or permit certificates to the relevant weapons authority.

Special notes

You can use NWR identification numbers (NWR ID) to help you fill out the ad more quickly:

  • Your PersonalNWR ID (P- or F-NWR ID) for the information about yourself.
  • the permitNWR-ID for the weapons permit (E-NWR-ID)
  • the weapons or parts of weapons NWR-ID (W- or T-NWR-ID).

You can obtain the NWR IDs on application to the relevant weapons authority.


You must report the loss immediately.

Required documents

  • Identity card or passport (copy)


  • There are no costs for the notification itself. However, the reported weapons must be removed from the permit documents, for which costs of EUR 7.50 to 10.00 per weapon are incurred.


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.