Surveying in the building industry; notification of commencement of activity or application for certification for external surveyors
You can notify the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers of the commencement of work as an inspection expert for surveying in the construction industry and apply for the issue of a certificate confirming that you meet the requirements as an inspection expert.
In Bavaria, only those who are recognized in this field are allowed to use the designation "Prüfsachverständiger für Vermessung im Bauwesen".
Inspection experts for surveying in the building industry certify compliance with the floor area and height of building structures specified in the building documents or by the building authorities (§ 21 PrüfVBau). They are independent within the scope of their duties.
Foreign inspection experts, i.e. those who are established in another member state of the European Union (or equivalent state) to perform this task, are entitled to work as inspection experts in Bavaria. They must give prior notice of the first provision of services or apply for a certificate of compliance with the material requirements.
If you are established in another member state of the European Union (or equivalent state) for the purpose of performing this task, you are entitled to work as an inspection expert in Bavaria if you
- you have a comparable authorization with regard to your field of activity and
- you had to fulfill comparable requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites and the proof of knowledge (1st alternative) or
- if the recognition authority has certified that you meet the requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites, the proof of knowledge and the field of activity for recognition as an inspection expert (2nd alternative).
A further requirement is that you have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken.
The notification or the application are not required if a notification has already been made or a certificate has already been issued in another country of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- for the applicant: none, notification before commencement of activity
- for the authority: three months after receipt of application and complete presentation of documents
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited