If you need advice because of your financial situation, you can make use of debt counseling.
Any private household in need of help or at risk of social decline can be advised.
The basic prerequisite for effective debt counseling is active and long-term cooperation between the person seeking help and the counselor.
People seeking advice must be prepared to
- to disclose all debts and all possible sources of income,
- follow the debt counselor's recommendations and adhere to agreements and
- change their household management if necessary.
If they are willing to accept these restrictions, debt counseling can be successful.
You must contact a debt advice center with your request. The further course of the procedure depends on the specific situation.
It makes sense to contact a debt advice center at the first signs of financial difficulties, for example if
- urgent purchases can only be made in installments,
- the account is frequently overdrawn,
- the first reminders from creditors are received.
Experience has shown that the best results are achieved when help is sought early on. Therefore, the consultation should not be delayed.
Please ask your advice center which forms you need.
Whether and, if so, which deadlines must be observed depends on the individual situation.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited