Independent youth welfare organization; application for recognition
Legal entities and associations of persons in the field of youth welfare can be recognized as voluntary youth welfare organizations in order to be able to participate in youth welfare committees or working groups in accordance with § 78 SGB VIII in the future.
Legal entities (e.g. registered associations, limited liability companies, stock corporations, civil law foundations) and associations of persons (e.g. unregistered associations) that are active in the field of child and youth welfare and meet all the requirements set out in Section 75 (I) of Book VIII of the Social Code may be recognized as voluntary youth welfare organizations.
Recognition is not required if the organization is already recognized by law in accordance with § 75 Paragraph III SGB VIII. This applies to the churches and religious communities under public law as well as the associations of voluntary welfare work that are united at the federal level.
In Bavaria, the legal recognition includes, among others, the associations of independent welfare work that joined together no later than the cut-off date of January 1, 2007. Recognition only extends to legally independent member organizations that join at a later date if the sponsor is active in the field of youth welfare and is linked to the sponsor by similar statutes and activities to form an organizational unit. This must be determined separately by the competent body.
On the basis of state law, the Bayerischer Jugendring and the youth associations and youth communities that merged no later than January 1, 2007 are recognized voluntary youth welfare organizations. If youth associations and youth communities were incorporated into the Bayerischer Jugendring after the cut-off date of January 1, 2007, they are thus also considered recognized voluntary youth welfare organizations.
Determining the competent authority:
- The local youth welfare office is responsible if the provider is essentially only active in the area of responsibility of this youth welfare office.
- The respective government is responsible if the activity extends to several youth welfare office districts, but not substantially beyond the government district.
- The Bavarian Youth Welfare Office (Bayerisches Landesjugendamt) as part of the Bavarian Family and Social Affairs Center (Zentrum Bayern Familie und Soziales, ZBFS) is responsible for agencies whose activities extend to several government districts but not significantly beyond Bavaria. This does not apply to youth associations and youth communities as well as other agencies that are predominantly active in the field of youth work.
- In all other cases, responsibility lies with the Bavarian State Ministry for Family Affairs, Labor and Social Affairs as the highest state youth authority.
The prerequisite for recognition is that the organization
- is active in the field of youth welfare in the sense of § 1 SGB VIII,
- pursues charitable goals,
- it can be expected, on the basis of the professional and staffing requirements, that it is capable of making a not insignificant contribution to fulfilling the tasks of youth welfare, and
- offers the guarantee of work that is conducive to the objectives of the Basic Law.
The application must be submitted in writing to the competent authority with the required documents.
The processing time depends on the individual case.
Please contact your local authority to find out which documents are required.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Objection or administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited