Energy efficiency; application for a loan with repayment subsidy for high-efficiency systems or aggregates.
If you invest in high-efficiency equipment and gensets, you can apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by:
- domestic and foreign commercial enterprises, the majority of which are privately owned
- municipal enterprises
- freelance professionals
- Contractors who implement energy efficiency measures
- You must be creditworthy
- Your company must have its registered office or a branch in Germany
- the subsidized measure must be implemented in Germany and operated for at least 3 years
- Your measure must meet minimum technical requirements
- Your measure must cost at least EUR 2,000 net, including incidental costs
You must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- You first need a financing partner, through whom you then submit your application to KfW. A financing partner can be a bank, building society or financial intermediary.
- Select your financing partner and make an appointment for a consultation. If you are looking for a financing partner, you can use the online consultation request on the KfW website for this purpose.
- During the consultation appointment, your financing partner will check whether your planned measure meets all the requirements and whether you are creditworthy.
- You complete the loan application together with your financing partner. Your financing partner informs you which other forms and documents you need for your application.
- Your financing partner submits the completed loan application to KfW. KfW reviews your application and decides on the funding.
- You will then receive notification from your financing partner as to whether your loan with repayment subsidy will be approved.
- Conclude the loan agreement with your financing partner and start the measure. KfW will pay you the loan amount in full.
- When you have completed the measure, you must prove to your financing partner,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the measure and
- a confirmation from the manufacturer or supplier that your measure technically meets the performance (specialist contractor declaration).
- You submit this evidence to your financing partner.
- Your financing partner checks and confirms your evidence and forwards it to KfW.
- If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit.
It is best to seek advice from an energy efficiency expert before submitting your application for funding. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for subsidies for consulting from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) in the program "Federal funding for energy consulting in SMEs".
- Application deadline:
- Until 31.12.2022
- before the start of the measure
- Loan call deadline: within 12 months of loan commitment, in one sum or in installments
- Proof of use of funds: within 12 months after the full disbursement of the loan.
- for processing the application: 3 to 6 weeks.
Once you have submitted your application, you can start the measure at your own financial risk.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Product data sheet, material data sheet or manufacturer's certificate of the system or unit in order to prove the high efficiency. If the efficiency is not evident from this, you must submit a manufacturer's declaration:
- for WRG compressors: Proof of eligibility - Manufacturer's Declaration WRG Compressors
- for compressors: Proof of eligibility - Manufacturer's declaration for compressors
- for fans: Proof of eligibility - Manufacturer's declaration for fans
- for contracting projects: Confirmation of contracting project
- for SME funding: Self-declaration of compliance with the SME definition
- for "de minimis" funding: "de minimis" declaration
- for AGVO funding: reference offer for measure
Once you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation of the investment measure
- Specialist contractor declaration on the installed technologies - in module 1 (except insulation)
- Specialist company declaration on the installed technologies - in module 1 (for insulation measures)
Forms on the KfW website (under Forms and Downloads)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited