Owner-occupied housing for people with disabilities; application for funding for adaptation
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the adaptation of owner-occupied housing (own house or owner-occupied apartment) for people with disabilities.
For structural measures in existing properties to adapt owner-occupied housing to the needs of people with disabilities (e.g. installation of a disabled bathroom or stair lift, construction of a ramp for wheelchair users), owners of owner-occupied housing can receive a performance-free building loan of up to EUR 10,000.00.
- Only households whose income does not exceed the income limits specified in Art. 11 Para. 1 BayWoFG can benefit from the subsidy.
- The subsidy is granted for the adaptation of owner-occupied housing for people with disabilities. If there is a severe disability, the notification or disability pass must be submitted; otherwise a medical certificate is sufficient.
There is no legal entitlement to funding.
The procedure is a two-stage process:
- The application must be submitted to the district administrative authority (district office, independent city) using the forms and documents provided for this purpose. Approval is granted by the district administrative authority.
- The Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt will approve the loan and deliver the notice of approval.
Application for disbursement must be made to the district administrative authority.
The district administration offices and independent cities are responsible for consultation and approval.
Proof of ownership of the property (e.g. copy of the land register)
Proof of financing - Sketch plan (in the event of a change in the layout of the apartment)
Proof of disability (e.g. severely disabled pass, specialist medical certificate)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited