Information from the population register; application for simple or extended information from the population register
If you are looking for a person (e.g. former acquaintances, school friends), you have the option of requesting information from the relevant registration office or via the Internet (for a fee).
The prerequisite for the provision of simple information from the population register is that you do not use this information for advertising or address trading purposes and that you declare this to the registration authority.
To obtain extended information from the population register, you must demonstrate a legitimate interest.
For group information, a public interest must be justified.
as accurate as possible information about the person you are looking for
(Combination possible of: Surname, first name, date of birth, previous names, gender, address)
If the data are used for commercial purposes, these must be stated. It is prohibited to use data from a civil register information for commercial purposes without this purpose being stated at the time of the request.
Melderegisterauskunft mit BayernID - Bürgerauskunft (zentrales Portal)
Citizens can use the "Citizens' Information Service" to request simple information from the civil register (first and family names, degree of doctorate, address of individual specific residents) for private purposes via the Internet. The information is subject to a fee, just like a direct request to one of Bavaria's residents' registration offices (e.g. by post or in person).
Melderegisterauskunft für Power-User (zentrales Portal)
Power users (e.g. companies or law firms) can request simple civil register information (first and family names, doctor's degree and addresses of individual specific residents) online after concluding a contract. The information is subject to a fee.
- 10 euros, provided that information from the population register can be provided in writing without further inquiries or investigations
- 9.52 euros (minimum) for civil register information via the "Bürgerauskunft" portal
- up to 15 euros per case for extended information from the population register or if findings are required as a result of inquiries, investigations or recourse to registration documents outside the population register
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited