Energy efficiency; application for a grant for energy optimization of plants and processes.
If you invest in energy optimization of plants and processes, you can apply for a grant under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by:
- domestic and foreign commercial enterprises, the majority of which are privately owned
- municipal enterprises
- freelance professionals
- Contractors who implement energy efficiency measures
- Your company must have its registered office or a branch in Germany
- The savings concept must be prepared by an energy consultant who is approved by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for the funding program "Federal funding for energy consulting in small and medium-sized businesses
- the costs of your measure may only be refinanced by the energy costs saved after at least 2 years without funding
- the subsidized measure must be implemented in Germany and operated for at least 3 years
If your company has an energy or environmental management system certified according to DIN EN ISO 50001 or EMAS, you can also create the savings concept yourself.
You must submit the application for funding directly online to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
- Fill out the electronic application form on the BAFA website. Upload the required documents in the upload area and submit the complete application.
- You will receive an e-mail directly that your application has been received by BAFA.
- BAFA will review your application and decide on the funding.
- You will then receive notification by mail from BAFA as to whether your grant is approved.
- You start implementing the measure.
- When you have completed the measure, you must provide proof of implementation. To do this, you fill out a proof online on BAFA's website. You still need to upload the following documents in the upload area:
- a confirmation from the energy consultant that the measures have been implemented in accordance with the savings concept,
- the invoices for the measure.
- Send the complete proof.
- Once BAFA has checked your proof, you will receive your grant.
It is best to seek advice from an energy efficiency expert before submitting your application for funding.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can also apply for additional grants for consulting from BAFA under the "Federal funding for energy consulting in SMEs" program.
- Application deadline:
- until 31.12.2022
- Before the start of the measure
- Implementation of the measure: as a rule, within 24 months of the notice of approval
- Proof of implementation of the measure: within 3 months after the end of the grant period
- Processing of the application: 1 to 3 months
You can only start the measure once you have received notification of approval.
If you still want to start earlier, you can apply for this using the "Application form for early start of measure". However, you must wait to see if the application is approved before you start your measure.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- "Savings Concept" form
- depending on the type of funding:
- "De minimis": "De minimis" declaration
- General Block Exemption Regulation (AGVO): reference offer for measure
You will find further details on the required documents in the electronic application form or in the general leaflet on how to apply.
If you have completed your measure, then you must submit the following documents:
- Specialist contractor declaration
- Confirmation after implementation
- Invoices for the measure
Forms on the BAFA website (under Forms)
Elektronisches Antragsportal auf der Internetseite des BAFA
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited