Display of persons; application for a permit by non-EU citizens

If you want to organize commercial shows of people in your business premises or make your business premises available for their event, you need a permit.


Pursuant to Section 33a of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (Gewerbeordnung - GewO), you require permission if you want to organize commercial shows by persons on your business premises or make your business premises available for such shows. This does not apply to performances of a predominantly artistic, sporting, acrobatic or similar nature.

The obligation to obtain a permit under § 33a GewO also applies in particular to the organization of striptease and table dancing. The permit is usually provided with extensive conditions to ensure public safety and order and to maintain morality.

The permit is independent of any other restaurant permit that may be required.

In order to obtain the permit, you must be reliable, the exhibitions must not be contrary to public morals and the business operation must not be contrary to the public interest with regard to its local location or the use of the premises, and in particular must not give rise to fears of harmful effects on the environment within the meaning of the Federal Immission Control Act or other significant disadvantages, dangers or nuisances for the general public.


The requirements for the permit are reliability, no violation of morality, no contradiction with public interest with regard to the local location or the use of the premises of the business and an application (with a description of the exhibition).


Duration of the procedure about 3 to 4 weeks

Required documents

  • Identity card; passport

  • Non-EU foreigners: residence permit allowing the exercise of self-employed activity

  • Proof of reliability

    Official certificate of good conduct or extract from the criminal record of the home country or an equivalent document and/or a certificate of good conduct for public authorities (Section 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act) and information from the Central Trade Register (Section 150 (5) of the Trade Regulation Act).

    If, on the basis of previous residence, it can be assumed that the above-mentioned certificates and evidence no longer contain, or do not yet contain, facts relevant to trade law, the submission of the foreign or German certificates may be dispensed with.

  • if applicable, lease agreement / rental agreement or proof of ownership of premises

  • if applicable, floor plans and site plans, building permit

  • Documents for the presentation of persons in the case of registered firms or civil law companies

    in the case of registered companies, an excerpt from the commercial register or comparable registration documents from abroad (with German translation) in the case of civil law companies, articles of association

  • in the case of a power of attorney: a written power of attorney and identification of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative


    • Permission: 100 to 3.000 EURO

Legal bases


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.