Vocational further education funding; application to the job center

If you would like to continue your professional training, the Jobcenter will pay the costs of further training for you under certain conditions.



As a rule, the costs for your further education can be covered if

  • you have participated in counseling by the job center,
  • the further training is necessary to end your unemployment, to make up for a missing vocational qualification or to avert imminent unemployment
  • the individual employability is improved by the acquisition of extended professional skills and the further training is appropriate with a view to the labor market, and
  • the training measure and the training provider are approved for further training funding.

Funding is also possible for employees under certain conditions if

  • the further training goes beyond an exclusively job-related short-term adaptation further training,
  • the vocational qualification was obtained at least 4 years previously,
  • you have not participated in a vocational further training course supported by the employment agency or the job center in the last 4 years before submitting the application,
  • the further training is carried out outside the company or by an approved provider in the company,
  • lasts more than 120 hours
  • the provider and the measure are approved, and

you are engaged in activities that can be replaced by technologies or are otherwise affected by structural change or you wish to learn a bottleneck occupation.


If you are unemployed or threatened by unemployment or want to obtain a vocational qualification, you can only initiate your further training support together with your integration specialist:

  • To do so, make an appointment at your job center that is responsible for your place of residence. Optionally, you can send a request to your job center online.
  • If you receive a citizen's allowance, the job center in whose district you live is responsible. A personal interview will clarify whether you need additional qualifications in order to find a job as quickly as possible.
  • Your integration specialist will then check whether you meet the requirements for assistance.
  • Under certain conditions, the Medical Service or the Vocational Psychological Service may also be involved in determining suitability.
  • Education voucher:
    • Your integration specialist will usually issue the education voucher directly to you during the counseling session.
    • You select a suitable educational institution and course yourself and register.
  • Before the start of the measure, the education provider confirms your acceptance into the course on the education voucher and informs the job center. The job center then checks whether the course fits the education voucher and whether you meet the entry requirements. If this is the case, funding for the continuing education is possible and you can begin with the continuing education.
  • You should already start applying for suitable job offers during the further education course.
  • If you become ill during the course, you must inform the job center and the educational institution.
  • You will continue to be supervised by your responsible integration specialist during the continuing education program and discuss the next steps of your job search with them, especially before the end of the continuing education program.

If you are employed, discuss your need for further training with your employer. The employer will then contact the employment agency to discuss the next steps. Alternatively, you can contact your integration specialist at the job center yourself.


If you do not agree with the decision of your job center, you can file an appeal within one month. Your appeal must be submitted in writing to your responsible job center.

Processing time

The education voucher must be submitted to the relevant employment agency or job center before the start of the further education measure. After return of the education voucher and submission of the complete documents by the sponsor, the processing time is usually 2 weeks. (2 to 4 weeks)

Required documents

  • Required Documents

    • Resume
    • Testimonials


  • Fee: none


  • Opposition


Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.